SGA3 SIGNAL GENERATOR
If you're unable to locate the specific item you're searching for, or if you have any inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Kindly send us your requirements via email at sales@cabledrumjacks
The C.Scope SGA3 is an affordable Signal Generator designed for use alongside a CXL3 or DXL3 Cable Avoidance Tool to make the task of cable avoidance far more effective. The C.Scope SGA3 will optimise the performance of the Cable Avoidance Tool enabling operators to locate more buried utilities including street lighting cables.
A C.Scope SGA3 Signal Generator is a vital accompaniment to a C.Scope CXL3 and DXL3 Cable Avoidance Tool and significantly increases the number of buried services that can be detected and reduce the day-to-day risk of cable strikes.
TWO SIGNAL APPLICATION TECHNIQUES
The 33kHz SGA3 Signal Generator can energise a buried metal pipe or cable either by ‘direct connection’ to the target pipe or cable or the simpler ‘induction’ method from above ground.
PULSED/CONTINUOUS SIGNAL OUTPUT
A Pulsed or Continuous signal output allows operators to switch to the Pulsed Mode at the push of a button in high interference situations and keep on tracing.
The SGA3 has a clear audible signal output to indicate when it is in operation.
A useful in-built audio mute control is also included.
ROBUST AND DURABLE CONSTRUCTION
The SGA3s twin wall construction is robust and durable. It also provides IP65 standard protection against dust and water ingress.
The SGA3 Signal Generator has a large detachable accessory tray as its base. It can house not only the standard accessories (Direct Connection Leads, Earth Stake, Connection Magnets, 10m Auxiliary Earth Lead) and the Instruction Manual but also many of the optional extras such as Signal Clamps, Sondes and Signal Injectors.
THREE YEAR WARRANTY
The SGA3 comes with a three year Warranty (conditions apply).
- High and Low switchable Power Output
- 33kHz Signal Output
- Pulsed or Continuous Output Signal
- Audio Speaker Mute
- Two Signal Application Techniques:
- In-built Accessory Tray
- Fully weatherproof design to IP65
- Three year warranty (conditions apply)
SGA3 Signal Generator
All operation is by push button control as follows:
- Power Level: 2 available power levels via High and Low Power buttons
- Pulse/Continuous Output: toggles between pulse or continuous output using one push button
- Audio/Mute: toggles between high or low level audio output using one push button
- Audio Feedback on button push
- Audio pitch drops with increasing load current in Connected Mode
- Audio pitch changes with power level in Induced Mode
- Audio output pulses to indicate Pulsed Mode
- Low battery indicated by interrupted Audio and output signal
- Induced = 32,768Hz
- Connected = 32,768Hz
- Carrier Pulse Frequency: 7.5Hz (pulsed mode)
- Audio Pulse frequency: 3.75Hz (pulsed mode)
- Connection Mode automatically selected when lead is plugged into socket
- Maximum Output Voltage (open circuit): 20V rms
- Maximum Output Current (short circuit): 18mA rms
- Maximum Power: 320mW into 1000Ω load
- Case moulded from high impact plastic.
- Designed to withstand 1m (3’3”) drop onto a hard surface
- Incorporates clip on Accessory storage compartment
Weight (including batteries, Connection Leads and Earth Stake)
3.4kg (7 pounds 7 ounces)
Dimensions (with Accessory storage compartment)
360mm x 180mm x 230mm (14.1” x 7” x 9”)
Internal 4 x ‘D’ (LR20) cells (either alkaline non-rechargeable or NiMH rechargeable)
up to 40 hours intermittent use at 20ºC (68ºF) using alkaline cells
Performance figures stated can be affected by site parameters such as ground conditions, temperature, and strong electromagnetic fields. Specification may be subject to change. All C.Scope Signal Generators are in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Council Directive 2014/53/EU. Compliance has been demonstrated by testing representative samples to the harmonised standards EN300-330 and EN301-489. The essential radio test suites have been carried out and the equipment is in conformity with all applicable directives. All C.Scope Signal Generators comply with the RoHS directive, 2011/65/EU.
|Pulsed / Continuous Output Signal||•|
|Liquid Crystal Display||–|
|Periodic Calibration Required*||•|
|Three Year Warranty**||•|
|Batteries*** 4 x D (LR20) Alkaline or NiMH Rechargeable||•|
|In-Built Accessory Tray***||•|
* Periodic Calibration Required. The SGA3 does require periodic recalibration.
** Three Year warranty. Conditions apply.
*** Batteries. 4 x D LR20 Alkaline or NiMH Rechargeable batteries housed in a secure battery compartment.
**** In-Built Accessory Tray includes Direct Connection Lead, Auxiliary 10m Earth Lead, Connection Magnets, Earth Stake and Instruction Manual